September 23, 2012

Lindsay Lohan to sue cook who claims she was drunk driving

Lindsay Lohan isn't happy that the victim of her alleged hit-and-run is claiming that she was drunk driving.

The troubled starlet isn't taking accusations that she was driving drunk lightly, according to TMZ.

Lindsay Lohan is taking an offensive stance in her latest legal dustup.


The "Liz & Dick" actress, who last week reportedly hit a 34-year-old chef outside Manhattan's tony Dream Hotel, isn't happy that the victim is claiming that she was drunk at the time.

Though Lohan was arrested Wednesday night and charged with a hit-and-run, police at the scene of the crime did not give her a Breathalyzer test because they didn't believe she was impaired, Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly told The News.

Jose Rodriguez, however, complained that Lohan was "slurring" and "smelled of alcohol."

"They acted like I was nothing," the Manhattan chef said of how Lohan clipped him with her shiny black Porsche, injuring his leg.
"I was in so much pain. I fell to the side."

The 26-year-old actress isn't having any of it, however.

Lindsay Lohan donned a flowery That Madonna Girl Halo headband at the Size Matters Concert in NYC Central Park on Saturday. (Courtesy Scott Roth)

According to TMZ, Lohan is planning to sue Rodriguez for defamation and is "tired of people lying just to score a quick paycheck."

Her fear, the site reports, is that she could potentially lose work if future employers and directors believe that she's back to her boozing ways.

At present, police officials have noted that surveillence video of the low-speed incident actually contradicts some of Rodriguez's story.

"We are confident this matter will be cleared up in the coming weeks and the claims being made against Lindsay will be proven untrue," rep Steve Honig told The News.



Post a Comment